PE & Sport Premium
The government announced in June 2021 that it is continuing to provide funding for the academic year of 2021-2022 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding, provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport, will be allocated to primary school head teachers. The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E. and school sport.
Here is the link to the DfE guidance for the sports premium
Further information from the Association For Physical Education (AfPE)
Please click on this link to identify the five key indicators for the allocation of the sports premium funding
P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life at Whitewater CE Primary School. We believe that P.E. provides children with:
- A lifelong positive attitude to exercise and a healthy lifestyle
- Opportunities for sportsmanship, fair play and equality for all
- Physical skills for sporting opportunities across their secondary education and beyond
- An opportunity to experience success beyond the academic area
Our overall aim is to raise standards in P.E. and school sport, increasing the participation and opportunities offered to all of our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improve learning for all.
We are therefore delighted to be able to use the sport premium funding to support the development of P.E. and school sport in the following ways:
- Provide quality assured professional development opportunities for teachers, enabling quality teaching and learning for all children
- Ensure our facilities offer all children the opportunities to participate in exercise, throughout the school day
- Encourage regular inter-house sports competitions for pupils of all ages
- Create links with other subjects that contribute to pupils overall achievement and their greater social, spiritual, moral and cultural skills